Friday, September 4, 2009

Must have apps for your PC

After reading my previous post, one of my friend came and asked me why I did not tell about KMPLayer earlier.  Actually I was a happy user of GOM Player until my 4yr old screws the settings once in a while.  I got tired of making the settings right every now and then.  Boy, thatz hell lot of settings.  (not to mention, there are few times, I was scrolling through all options and did not know for couple of days why the picture was so small).  I wish GOMPlayer had a "export settings" feature.  Since, it did not have one, I ditched it and moved on to KMPlayer.  I must say I like it.

Ok, let's get to the point.

Time to time, I used to download some apps for my day-to-day PC chores and I thought I can share that list of softwares.  Most of them may not be any new to you but some would be :-)

µTorrent - Download torrents (legits!)
AC3Filter - Audio filter for better stereo effects while watching movies.
Ad-Aware - Adware removal tool
Adobe Reader 7.0 - pdf reader
AI RoboForm (All Users) - Password manager tool (my favourite)
Auto Power-on & Shut-down 2.04 - (self-explanatory)
Avant Browser (remove only) - (self-explanatory)
avast! Antivirus - (self-explanatory)
AVS Video Converter 6 - (self-explanatory)
CCleaner (remove only) - (self-explanatory)
ConvertXtoDVD 3.3.4.106e - Tool to convert DivX videos to DVD format
DFX for Winamp - (self-explanatory)
Folder Size for Windows - I like foldersize displayed like file size in explorer.
GOM Player - Best free multimedia player
Google Chrome - Google's browser
Google Talk (remove only) - (self-explanatory)
Launchy 2.1.2 - With so many apps and plenty of menus, this is one to avoid searchign any apps.  Just type few letters, bingo... you can launch any app
Mozilla Firefox (3.5.2) - Browser
MyPhoneExplorer - Phone manager for my sony ericsson phone.
Nero 7 - for your disc burning needs
Orbit Downloader - Excellent download manager (think, I can post more info about it.)
Picasa 3 - google's photo manaement tool
RealPlayer - multimedia player to play .rm files
Recuva (remove only) - to recover deleted files
SpeedFan (remove only) - to check temperature of CPU and fan RPM numbers... i get to know when to clean my CPU from this.

Spybot - Search & Destroy - spyware removal tool
SpywareBlaster 4.2 - ditto
Startup Delayer v2.3 (build 134)  - delay some programs post logon so that u can get to the work straight away
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition - spyware removal tool (god! I DO have too many spyware tool.. seems like I didnt quite satisfy.)
TeamViewer 4  - VNC tool
The KMPlayer (remove only)  - already made a post about this!
URL Snooper v2.23.01 - Superb tool... grabs the URL of anything that plays in your PC..
VLC media player 1.0.0  -- another marvellous media player
Winamp (remove only)  -- doesn't need introduction..this was the first well known app from my childhood..
WinRAR archiver - better alternate to winZip.

Well, if you need more details about any particular app, do drop by a comment.  I 'd be happy to feed the same.




You can download most (or ALL?) of the above software from http://www.filehippo.com/

More to come..

1 comment: