Wednesday, September 9, 2009

John Wayne (1907 - 1979)

Well.. let me spend few minutes to dedicate a page for my all time favorite hollywood hero.. JOHN WAYNE.

John Wayne is one of the genuine icons of 20th-century American film. Famed as a star of westerns, especially the westerns of director John Ford, "The Duke" also played cops and soldiers with regularity. No matter what the role, Wayne nearly always played the same character: a big, tough, but sentimental hero who talked straight and met the bad guys head on.  He has acted in more than 150 movies.

Most of the time, he reminds me of our tamil legend "Sivaji Ganesan".  I used to think if Sivaji Ganesan born in America and acted as Cow boy he might have had the same mannerisms as John Wayne.

I happened to see most of the John Wayne’s blockbusters.. to name a few.. TRUE GRIT, HATARI!, THE ALAMO, BIG JAKE, WAR WAGON, RIO LOBO, RIO GRANDE, HORSE SOLDIERS, THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON, wow.. the list is quiet a long.

I think he never acted vulgar or as villain.  He won the Best Actor in a Leading Role for: "True Grit" (1969).. I can never forget the role one-eyed "Marshal Rooster Cogburn" in that movie.

For me he remains my all time hero.

Few posters:
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment