Saturday, October 3, 2009

Avoid PC Crash

Guys, sorry for not posting for couple of days.  Sufferred couple of days with wrist pain and apart from that, my personal PC got crashed (again!).  The reason was mainly due to the dust in the CPU cooling fan.  Now, I have got it right. 
Due to all those dust, CPU got overheated and in turn gave me Blue Screen (BSOD---Blue Screen of Death).  Though Norton v14 in my PC used to take automated weekly backup of my C: drive (which I can use to restore in 10minutes), I did not do it since my backups had some video codecs problem.  So I restored an old backup which had only Windows + SP2 preinstalled.   After, I started installing all my favorite one by one.  I chose the time 6AM for this because up to 8AM my net usage is free and I can download up-to-date programs from net.

Ok, here you can take note of couple of tools which I used during above process:

1. Speedfan -- This is a small utility which gives you details of the CPU/GPU/HDD temparatures.  If your CPU temperature is more than 50C, then you are about step into trouble.  It is time to open your CPU and clean inside.  This is a free tool.You can download it from here.




2.  Easeus Partition Manager -  This is a very good partition manager.  This is the first time I have used it.  Worked flawlessly. You can download the lite-free version from here.

Download EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition
Overview:
 3.  Second Copy -- I use this tool often to take the backup of my personal data to my WesternDigital 320GB external HDD (USB).   It syncs the (personal) data from my PC with external HDD. Only the differential will be updated. 

Second Copy® is the perfect automatic backup software designed for all versions of Windows, including 9x/Me/NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista, you have been looking for. It makes a backup of your data files to another directory, disk or computer across the network. It then monitors the source files and keeps the backup updated with new or changed files. It runs in the background with no user interaction. So, once it is set up you always have a backup of your data somewhere else. For more information on Second Copy®, go to the Products page. Download a copy for evaluation from the Download page. For Pricing and ordering information see the Pricing and Order pages.


 You can download the free trial from here.




Ok, see u all in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment